Hobby Eagle A3 Super II 3 Axis Programmable Airplane Gyro w/ Auto-Recovery Stabilizer
The Eagle A3 Super II is our top of the line flight stabilization system designed specifically for fixed-wing aircraft. The A3 Super II has an integrated high precision 6-axis (3 gyro + 3 accelerometers) MEMS sensor with advanced attitude and PID control algorithm. The gyro can accurately detect the angular velocity and attitude of the aircraft and issue commands to all servos, which enables perfect balance and stability throughout the flight. The A3 Super II has built-in capabilities for delta-wing (flying-wing), v-tail, remote master gain adjustment, and separate dual aileron and elevator control. Finally, two of the most exciting new features on this gyro are the One-Click Auto-Recovery which allows you to return your plane to upright, level flight at the flip of a switch (similar to Horizon's SAFE technology) and the One-Click Hover which allows you to put your plane into a perfect hover at the flip of a switch.
The Eagle A3 Super II offers 6 flight modes, including Normal Stabilization Mode, 3D Attitude Locking Mode, Auto-Recovery Mode, Auto-Hover Mode, User Defined Mode, and Gyro Deactivated Mode. By using a 3-way switch on your transmitter you can switch between any 3 different modes during flight. The A3 Super II also provides two stick control modes: Manual Mode and Auto Mode.
Tech Note: Always make sure you are using the latest firmware and programming software with your Super II gyro. Click here to download the latest firmware.
Important: The A3 Super II is an advanced flight stabilizer. You must have a Windows PC, know how to install USB drivers, and have a strong working knowledge of Windows applications in order to program or update the firmware on this gyro. If you are interested in a 6 axis gyro which does not require a computer for setup and programming, please consider the Eagle A3.
Gyros (also called flight stabilizers) help keep your airplane stable during take-off, flight maneuvers, and landings which can be helpful during windy days or when learning how to fly RC planes. Advanced gyros, like the A3 Super II, also include accelerometers which allow you to turn your plane "right side up" if you lose orientation of your plane during flight. Gyros also help you master aerobatic maneuvers like knife edges and hovering as the system can "lock" in a planes position / trajectory. Once thought to be for beginners only, Gyros are now common in all classes of aircraft and are utilized by all levels of flyers. Gyros are great for learning, they let pilots practice advanced aerobatics, they give you piece of mind in less than ideal flight conditions, and they can often help you avoid costly crash damage.
Brand Name: Hobby Eagle
Item Name: A3 Super II
Main Controller: 32-bit MCU
Sensor: 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer
Gyroscope Scale Range: ±2000 dps
Accelerometer Scale Range: ±4g
Input Signal: Standard PPM with center point 1520uS, or S.Bus serial data
Output Signal: PWM max frequency 333Hz, 1520±500uS
Input Voltage: 4.8V - 7.4V
Operating Temp: -10 ℃ to 50 ℃
Weight: 10g (excluding wires)
- Works with all major receiver brands including Spektrum, Futaba, Hitec, JR, Tactic, and more.
- Integrated design of 6-axis (3 gyro+3 accelerometers ) 32-bit MEMS sensor for self-stability and self-balance.
- Advanced brown-out fast recovery ability provides better security and reliability.
- 6 Flight modes:
- Normal Mode (2D Mode): this is the standard flight stabilization mode found on most airplane gyros.
- 3D Flight Mode: this mode will attempt to hold the LAST position the aicraft was in. For example, if you put the airplane into a knife edge and then activate 3D mode, the airplane will hold the knife edge as long as the pilot provides appropriate throttle input.
- Auto-Recovery Mode (also called Auto Balance Mode): this mode will automatically "right" or balance your aircraft if you lose orientation or if the aircaft becomes inverted. This functionality is similar to Spektrum's SAFE technology.
- Auto-Hover Mode: this mode will hold the airplane in a perfect hover (nose pointed towards the sky) on 3D capable aircraft.
- User Defind: allows you to select different modes (Normal, 3D, or Off) for each gyro axis.
- Gyro Deactivated Mode: this turns the gyro off to allow unassisted/non-stablized flight.
- 2 stick control modes: Manual Mode(MM) and Auto Mode(RR/AR).
- Various wing types: 1AIL+1ELE, 2AIL+1ELE, 1AIL+2ELE, 2AIL+2ELE, delta-wing and V-tail.
- Independent gyro gain adjustment and gyro ratio selection for each flight mode.
- Separate adjustments for servo travel limits.
- Up to 333Hz servo operating frequency, compatible with all analog and digital servos.
- 5-level response rate setting allows you to use it on gas-powered planes.
- Compatible with HV (7.4V) receivers and servos.
- Flat or upright mounting orientations.
- Newly designed config GUI makes gyro setup simple and intuitive.
Note: This version not included program card.
English Manual Click Here
1x Hobby Eagle A3 Super II Flight Stabilizer
1x Data cable
1x USB Adapter (to connect stabilizer to PC for firmware updates and programming)
1x 15cm male to male receiver cable
2x 15cm male to male 3-way receiver cables